Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Welcome!

Since graduating college, I have finally had some time to get back into reading for fun. Textbooks had taken up most of my time, so it has been great to get back into books of my choice. But as I have read, I have wanted a way to remember what books I read and what I thought of them.

I belong to a book club, and that has been a great way to get me to think more about what I am reading and internalizing it. So on this blog I plan to record what I am reading, rate the book, and put down my thoughts. I think this will be a sort of book journal for me, but also a place where my friends and others can get book ideas or a preview of a book they may be considering.

Feel free to comment, leave your thoughts or recommendations. I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. The books for your 2010 March through December were titles I didn't know. I dipped my toe into a book club in our neighborhood. I am obsessive compulsive about books (I think), so it is usually derailing me from WORK when I begin to read a book. Denise sent me a list of books recommended by a professor King at BYU and that got me revved up. I am in Paradise Lost and a pot pourri of others right now. Really valuable learning experiences. Yesterday I recommitted to daily scriptures, 30 minutes minimum. Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete